The curve is flattening, and we’re told businesses may soon be able to reopen.
You’re probably eager to get back to business as usual, but unfortunately, there is likely not going to be a usual for quite some time. Your business may need to look and function much differently than it did before. So, now what?
No matter what type of business you’re in, your digital strategy is now more important than ever. The “front door” to your business may need to become digital. And your entire digital footprint will become more important than ever. As a result, as you think about ramping up, you should also be thinking about:
- Do I need to start selling more products and services online?
- Do I have a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool or system in place to manage communications with customers?
- Do I need to schedule appointments or handle interactions with customers differently in a manner in which my website can assist?
- Do I need to automate my direct or indirect communications with customers or prospects?
- Do I need to deliver services through calls, video conferencing, or texts?
- Do I need a loyalty program?
- Is my business model going to change drastically enough that I need to deliver a whole new message and model?
- Do I need to have a better social presence?
- Do I need a better online lead funnel and expanded digital footprint?
- Do I need to streamline proposal development?
- Do I need to claim my Google My Business listing?
These are all questions you should ask yourself now so that when the economy rebounds, you will be ready sooner than later. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, Sage Marketing Group is here to assist you with answers to the above. We are happy to brainstorm and talk through these questions and scenarios with you at no charge to share ideas and approaches that might work for your business.
While we don’t know exactly what is up next, I think it is safe to say that an enhanced digital presence will be key to every business moving forward, and that may include developing a digital front door to build and continue relationships with customers. If you’d like to chat more about it, just respond to this email or give me a call: (970) 221-5007